Fish Property Management is a dynamic and progressive company looking for people dedicated to providing excellence in service. Our team members are high energy, enthusiastic and passionate about property management and enjoy support in the progression of their careers from the company. We have roles in marketing, leasing, property management, accounting, maintenance and renovation. We are always searching for people who enjoy a challenging and rewarding career.
We believe that in order to be successful our actions, policies and people must be values driven. Our core values are expertise, honesty and family. Our team is bonded by our shared values. We allow our core values to guide us through hard work and difficult decisions. The values of expertise, honest and family are what we hold most dearly and believe that when run our business in accordance with our values, superior service and client satisfaction will follow.
Expertise - We believe in expertise. Our team is proud of their exceptional abilities and we don’t take on work that doesn’t match our expertise.
Honesty We believe in honesty. Even when it is difficult or uncomfortable we believe that honesty and disclosure is the best policy.
Family What is a group of people who work and play together, support each other and are always honest with each other? We think that is a family. At Fish Property Management we are a family. We consider our clients, vendors and tenants as family too, deserving of excellent service and our best efforts.
Fish Property Management is an equal opportunity employer. Benefits packages are available after a probationary period including paid holidays and vacation, health insurance, 401K and company cell phone plan.
Residential Maintenance Technician
The Maintenance Technician will provide quick, efficient, and friendly service to clients while maintaining properties. Every effort will be made to exercise prudent judgment in the maintenance and repair of the properties, while staying in compliance of property codes and contracts with clients.
- Perform tasks to stay in compliance with preventive maintenance program
- Perform maintenance work as directed on work orders including but not limited to, carpentry, basic plumbing, basic electrical, painting and handyman tasks.
- Maintain record keeping of tasks performed, hours worked, and keep track of material expenses
- Maintain inventory stock of parts and equipment
- Inspect work completed by subcontractors
- Provide customer service to tenants and clients by maintaining communication with ongoing issues
- Perform all tasks and duties safely using personal protective equipment and good judgment
- When at properties, the expectation is that the employee will be conscious of their surroundings and report any suspicion of problems to their immediate supervisor
- Maintain a professional demeanor appropriately representing the company, our clients and self
- Procuring supplies, running errands, doing move-out and move-in inspections
- Post notices on properties as requested
- All other reasonable tasks as assigned by supervisor
Transportation is required to run errands for work assignments. E.g., procure supplies at hardware store, visit a property. A confidentiality agreement is required of the maintenance technician.
- Experience is required in all aspects of home repair and maintenance including but not limited to carpentry, electrical, plumbing, drywall, and painting
- Experience is preferred in roofing, landscaping, appliance repair, flooring installation, window repair and installation
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to use email, text messaging
- Ability to use a smartphone for business related work such as calling, texting, taking videos and pictures
- Due to the nature of the business, a criminal background check is required, at the expense of the employer
- Ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to go up and down stairs
- Ability to crouch and kneel while working
- Ability to climb and work from a ladder's third step
The compensation for this position is hourly ($16-18/hr) and commensurate with experience.
Any expenses related to travel (mileage, parking, tolls) will be reimbursed at the current government reimbursement rate for travel related to work assignments. This will be paid monthly and will require accurate record keeping on the part of the employee.
A benefits package including health insurance, supplemental insurances, cell phone plan and 401K are available after a probationary period.
Fish Property Management is a fast-growing company that manages and leases residential property for our clients. Maintenance Technicians are supervised by the Director of Maintenance. Fish Property Management is an equal opportunity employer.